Release of WAPT 1.6 – with Windows Update support
New features in WAPT 1.6
Among these improvements are the following:
- Improved performance: the same WAPT server can serve more than 5k agents without the need for clustering
- Partial inventory shown: the agent no longer brings up its inventory each time. This results in less client-side load and less server-side load. It also brings a better compression of the flows.
- Better agent reactivity with better threading management and replacement of zeromq by long polling
- Better management of Windows encodings. You have Chinese characters in your registry, and you’re not even afraid!
- Refactorization of the Python environment for better insulation against system installations
- Update of WAPT’s python dependencies, including eventlet, python-socketio and websocket-client to fix borderline cases for example
- Redesign of the installation procedure with the creation of a simplified the first installation wizard to easily configure the console and the WAPT server
- Auditing functionality (Enterprise only)
- Windows Update Management (Enterprise only, Tech-preview)
WAPT manages Windows Updates (Enterprise only)
For months or even years, you have been asking us to include an equivalent of WSUS in WAPT to manage Windows Updates. Due to time and especially lack of resources, we had not been able to meet your needs for deploying Windows Updates until now. Today, we are proud to announce that thanks to your encouragements, we have succeeded. WAPT Enterprise version 1.6 manages Windows Updates from the console, and it works!
WAPT 1.6 Enterprise supports updates from Windows XP to Windows 10 on the client side, and from 2003 to 2016 on the server side.
This feature is currently in Tech Preview.
More compliance with the audit function (Enterprise only)
With WAPT Enterprise 1.6, control 100% of your IT park. WAPT will launch an audit on your WAPT equiped hosts at regular intervals to determine their status. If it turns out that a workstation no longer meets the configurations you had defined for it, WAPT will alert you. This will give you a greater control over your installed base of workstations and servers.
WAPT has been qualified by ANSSI since early 2018 for its security, so we make it a point of honor to provide security features. A secure fleet guarantees the continuity of your business without any hindrance.
Easy to install
Some of you have found the installation of WAPT 1.5 more complicated than previous versions following the introduction of security features. We have therefore rethought the installation and in particular the creation of the private key, the certificate and the agents to be deployed on your hosts. At installation, these three procedures have been combined, they are now simpler and faster.
WAPT 2.0 is available!
WAPT 2.0 is now available, find : Python 3 support, ACL management, WAPT integration with GLPI, improved package maturity management and much more!
Details about WAPT offers
You have questions, we have the answers
Is the Community version limited?
However, we advise large companies to use the Enterprise version which includes features specific to large fleets of computers.
Why isn't everything in WAPT Community?
Is there a trial version?
You can try WAPT Enterprise over 30 days. At the end of your trial period, you can confirm your subscription for the Enterprise version by contacting us, or continue with the Community version which will be automatically activated at the end of your 30-day trial period.
The 30 days are configured with the license file sent to you by email and is not in the software to download.
What happens when my contract expires?
If you do not renew your contract, WAPT will automatically switch back to the Community version, without loss of data.
Are there Education rates?
How do I get my software after purchase?
What happens if I increase my computer count?
What does my Enterprise contract cover?
For software packaging needs, we offer support tickets or a package creation service.
How to get professional support with the Community version?
What do my support tickets include?
Can I order ready-to-use software packages from you?
Can I get help to create a package?
WAPT 2.0 is available! This version includes Python 3 support, ACL management, GLPI integration with WAPT and much more!
WAPT Community will evolve in 2021. Discover the many factors that are driving us to evolve our software model.
How to manage teleworking workstations without a VPN? WAPT is surely the tool you need to manage all types of computer workstations!