Release of WAPT 1.6 – with Windows Update support
WAPT 1.6 is now available in a stablized version after 6 months of development. It is an incremental version compared to 1.5 that provides you with more than a hundred patches to ensure greater fluidity, simplicity and efficiency.
Some of these improvements include:
- improved performance: the same WAPT server can serve more than 5k agents without the need for clustering
- partial inventory replenishment: the agent no longer replenishes his inventory each time. Less client-side load and less server-side load + better bandwidth compression
- better agent reactivity with better threading management and replacement of zeromq by long polling
- better management of Windows encodings. You have Chinese stuff in your registry, not even afraid!
- refactorization of the Python environment for better insulation against system installations
- update of WAPT python dependencies, including eventlet, python-socketio and websocket-client to fix borderline cases
- Redesign of the installation procedure with the creation of a simplified first installation wizard to easily configure the console and the WAPT server
- Auditing functionality (Enterprise only)
- Windows Update Management (Enterprise only, Tech-preview)
WAPT manages Windows Update (Enterprise only)For months or even years, you have been asking us to include an equivalent of WSUS in WAPT to manage Windows updates. Due to time and especially lack of resources, we had not been able to meet your needs for deploying Windows updates until now. Today, we are proud to announce that thanks to your encouragements, we have succeeded. WAPT Enterprise version 1.6 manages Windows updates from the console, and it works! WAPT 1.6 Enterprise supports updates from Windows XP to Windows 10 on the client side, and from 2003 to 2016 on the server side. This feature is currently in Tech Preview.
More compliance with the audit function (Enterprise only)
Ascertain your configurations over time with the audit function of WAPT 1.6 Enterprise. WAPT will launch an audit on your WAPT equipped hosts at regular intervals to ascertain their compliance status. If it turns out that a workstation no longer meets the configuration you had defined for it, WAPT will alert you. This will give you greater control over your installed base of workstations and servers.
WAPT has been qualified by ANSSI since early 2018 for its security, so we make it a point of honour to provide security features. A secure fleet guarantees the continuity of your business without any hindrance.
Easy to installSome of you have found the installation of WAPT 1.5 more complicated than previous versions following the introduction of security features. We have therefore rethought the installation and in particular the creation of the private key, the certificate and the agents to be deployed on your hosts. At installation, these three procedures have been combined, they are now simpler and faster.
WAPT 1.8 is available!
WAPT 1.8 incorporates several new features: WAPT agents management for Macintosh and Linux environments as well as remote repository management! Thus, WAPT allows you to fight efficiently against heterogeneous computer parks
Some detailsYou have questions, we have the answers
Is the Community version limited?
Why isn't everything in WAPT Community?
Is there a trial version?
WAPT Community is available for free and can be tested quickly on Windows.
You can try WAPT Enterprise over 30 days. At the end of your trial period, you can confirm your preference for the Enterprise version by contacting us, or continue with the Community version which will be automatically activated at the end of your 30-day trial period.
The 30 days are configured with the license file sent to you by email and is not in the software to download.
Are there Education rates?
What happens when my contract expires?
How do I get my software after purchase?
What happens if I increase my computer count?
What does my Enterprise contract cover?
How to get professional support with the Community version?
What do my support tickets include?
Can I order ready-to-use software packages from you?
Can I get help to create a package?
The end of confinment is finally here! Discover how the team at Tranquil IT has acted and reacted following the reopening of our offices.
How has the team at Tranquil IT organized themselves to work from home?
How has Tranquil IT organized itself to work from home during this confinement period? Discover the mechanisms that help get us through this!