Release of WAPT 1.6 – with Windows Update support
New features in WAPT 1.6Among these improvements are the following:
- Improved performance: the same WAPT server can serve more than 5k agents without the need for clustering
- Partial inventory shown: the agent no longer brings up its inventory each time. This results in less client-side load and less server-side load. It also brings a better compression of the flows.
- Better agent reactivity with better threading management and replacement of zeromq by long polling
- Better management of Windows encodings. You have Chinese characters in your registry, and you’re not even afraid!
- Refactorization of the Python environment for better insulation against system installations
- Update of WAPT’s python dependencies, including eventlet, python-socketio and websocket-client to fix borderline cases for example
- Redesign of the installation procedure with the creation of a simplified the first installation wizard to easily configure the console and the WAPT server
- Auditing functionality (Enterprise only)
- Windows Update Management (Enterprise only, Tech-preview)
WAPT manages Windows Updates (Enterprise only)For months or even years, you have been asking us to include an equivalent of WSUS in WAPT to manage Windows Updates. Due to time and especially lack of resources, we had not been able to meet your needs for deploying Windows Updates until now. Today, we are proud to announce that thanks to your encouragements, we have succeeded. WAPT Enterprise version 1.6 manages Windows Updates from the console, and it works! WAPT 1.6 Enterprise supports updates from Windows XP to Windows 10 on the client side, and from 2003 to 2016 on the server side. This feature is currently in Tech Preview.
More compliance with the audit function (Enterprise only)With WAPT Enterprise 1.6, control 100% of your IT park. WAPT will launch an audit on your WAPT equiped hosts at regular intervals to determine their status. If it turns out that a workstation no longer meets the configurations you had defined for it, WAPT will alert you. This will give you a greater control over your installed base of workstations and servers. WAPT has been qualified by ANSSI since early 2018 for its security, so we make it a point of honor to provide security features. A secure fleet guarantees the continuity of your business without any hindrance.
Easy to installSome of you have found the installation of WAPT 1.5 more complicated than previous versions following the introduction of security features. We have therefore rethought the installation and in particular the creation of the private key, the certificate and the agents to be deployed on your hosts. At installation, these three procedures have been combined, they are now simpler and faster.
WAPT 2.2 is available!
With version 2.2, you can now deploy operating systems directly from the WAPT console!
Details about WAPT offersYou have questions, we have the answers
Is there a trial version?
What happens when my contract expires?
Are there Education rates?
How do I get my software after purchase?
What happens if I increase my computer count?
How to get professional support with the Community version?
This is no longer possible since Tranquil IT stopped developing this version.
What do my support tickets include?
Can I order ready-to-use software packages from you?
Can I get help to create a package?
You want more answers?
The WAPT 2.2 F.A.Q. is available! Discover the questions asked during our WAPT 2.2 presentation webinar!
With version 2.2, you can manage operating system deployment directly from the WAPT console!
Discover LUTI: Our new internal tool to automatically create, test and track WAPT packages to the WAPT Store!