Samba migration – ISAE-SUPAERO
ISAE-SUPAERO was using Samba 3 and needed to migrate to Samba Active Directory. We therefore supported them in their migration and trained system administrators in the use of Active Directory.
Total duration (preparation + migration): Two weeks
Migration duration: 3 days
Samba 3 to Samba Active Directory migration
- 3 Samba3 domain controllers
- 1,200 machines with different OSes
- 6000 users
- 3 system and network infrastructure administrators
- Improve the security of information systems
- Improve the comfort and productivity of IT staff
- Integrate Windows 10 workstations into the domain
- Allow the use of Samba-AD domain GPOs
- Migrate the domain controller server to 3 controllers
- Rename the existing domain
- Train the team of system administrators to operate Samba-AD
- Switch the 3000 machines to the new domain without interruption for users
- Reconfigure services and devices that were based on the LDAP directory provided by Samba 3 to rely on the Samba-AD LDAP or the Kerberos service provided by Samba-AD
- Better compliance with current technological standards
We strongly recommend the implementation of an Active Directory on our customers’ IT assets in order to facilitate its management. This makes it possible to unify authentication on the network and to identify the machines on the network as efficiently as possible.
- Improvement of the management ease of the park of 3000 machines and 4000 users
Identifying your users is important to control their rights and differentiate them according to their profile. This is the role of Active Directory, which allows you to manage your users through a management console.
- Saves time and money
The migration from Samba3 to Samba Active Directory requires a good knowledge of Samba. Thanks to our intervention and the training of on-site system administrators, Supaero will manage its users and machines more easily and will be able to use the time saved for other tasks.
- Transparent migration for 4000 users
- System administrators trained on the technology used
- A computer equipment in the current technology standards
- A secure computer equipment