How is Tranquil IT reorganizing itself to work from home?
In anticipation of the announcement of the implementation of the containment measures decided by the government, we decided that we should come together to organize ourselves in order to implement our plan for working from home! Discover all the tools we use to survive this corporate culture change.
Spoiler : We are surviving working from home, and everything is going well!
Organizing ourselves to adapt to working from home
- Ensuring a job well done, a source of individual and collective satisfaction
- Changing business models to deliver useful solutions that benefit the greatest number of people
- To be happy together (even with the distance) by participating in a unique entrepreneurial adventure.
As you can see, we have decided to approach this situation with a “glass half full” mentality! As we had to organize ourselves in a hurry, we had to work quickly and efficiently! Lucky for us, we had our own solutions to help us overcome the situation – WAPT – to manage our computer eqiupment and Samba AD – to secure out network access!
In no time at all, Simon, Jimmy and Alexandre created WAPT packages for the most efficient solutions that would ensure everyones ability to work from home! The deployment of these packages on computers that were destined for ‘home work’ were accomplished without any complications! Between our WAPT Package Store and WAPT Self Service, we were sure to be up and running that same day!
Everyone was able to go home with a company laptop or NUC and their headset. Cindy also left with the credit card, so no one would be able to rob the toilet paper section of their supermarket at the companys expense!
Tools we are using to collaborate while working from home
OpenVPN : for an Internet connection :
This means that you can count on Tranquil IT to ensure the continuity of its mission as a social actor and reliable economic partner.
Mumble, to continue to communicate together :
Our operational capacity is maintained despite social distancing.
3CX : For managing our telephone :
From the point of view of our customers, our services are provided just as before. Even if everything in our reality has changed. It’s the magic of David Copperfield.
Rocket Chat, to share information with each other :
After the implementation of working from home
How to ensure the proper function of your personal PC
Leveraging the use of Fibre Optics
The disruption to our business associated with this profound change has been almost imperceptible.
Organizing work tasks to take advantage of everyones skills
- Jimmy, Amélie, Bertrand and Vincent have put their attention on correcting, and improving public and private WAPT packages. They are collaborating at a distance to create model packages for Linux, that we are currently lacking to accompany the superb newness that cale with WAPT 1.8 : WAPT for Linux.
- Evan and Octave are working on the heart of WAPT, its transition to Python3, and access control lists in the WAPT console, and many other functions that you will soon benefit from if you are using our Enterprise version.
- Simon “packages” our remote control tool, a companion integrated into WAPT Enterprise that will allow your IT support teams to collaborate more easily and efficiently with your users.
- Kevin develops tools around our ERP system to improve our overall operations, customer service and management reporting.
- Our two Camille’s, Elle, our American (her named is pronounced like “Elly”) and Emmanuel are perfecting our communication and marketing actions. They are working with Hexatrust and the government to offer WAPT to all the business and administration that have been affected by the confinement. They are offering WAPT Enterprise free of charge until the end of this crisis.
- All of this emulation takes place with Yohannès and Alexandre who reign with their expertise on Mumble cybersecurity and Samba AD.
- We can’t forget Hubert, who has been at home since February due to a back operation that went well! Hubert maintains his warrior spirit by carrying out projects that he holds close to his heart, whether they are in line or not with the company’s interests. We wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to his return to the team!
- Finally, there is Cindy, who takes care of everything else! Which is a lot, and we’d like to spotlight her role as a team builder, hats off to her for all her hard work!
- As for Denis and I, we are observing the explosion of ideas and initiatives that come from the amused amazement of forty-year-olds.
Don’t hesitate to share the tools you are using for working from home in the comment section!