Virtualization – DRAC PDLL
Setting up of the vizualisation on a multi-site IT park
- DRAC Pays de la Loire
- 5 sites
- 140 users
- 1 system and network administrator
- Reduce the number of servers
- Xen virtualization
- One virtual machine per service
- Standard and inexpensive equipment
- Support and accompaniment
- More flexible IT park management
Unlike physical servers, virtualization provides flexibility in adding and removing services. Creating and removing a virtual machine is simple, which allows to manage its services in a few clicks, while continuing the partitioning of services with a VM = a service.
- Better resource management
We have chosen a simple architecture for a better management with a supermicro for the IT department of Nantes and HP mini server Gen8 for the departmental units. These choices have drastically reduced the material cost of the DRAC, which used to use many servers.
- Saves time
With annual support provided by Tranquil IT, DRAC no longer has to spend time on the phone with the various manufacturers to manage possible machine failures. We supervise the DRAC IT park and manage the IT park remotely to save Johann time.
- 1 system and network administrator freed thank to Tranquil IT support
- 5 homogeneous sites
- 140 happy users